Adult volunteers are important role models who provide a variety of services that help enrich and enhance school curriculum while offering valuable life experiences. There are a variety of ways to volunteer in Alexandria Public Schools, from Pre-K through Transition Tech. Some opportunities you’ll work directly with classroom teachers. For district-wide initiatives, you’ll work with Alexandria Public School Schools Community Education. Just fill out the volunteer application and make a difference in our community!
- Support classrooms in literacy, math or other core subjects.
- Join a K-5 student for a 30-minute lunch/games during school, 2 times/month with our Lunch Buddy Program.
- Assist with a one-time event such as the STEAM Expo.
- Become a Junior Achievement leader, help students learn the basic concepts of business and understand the important role of education in preparing for a future career.
- Become a Tutor at our Adult Basic Education Center working with adults in basic academic skills, ESL or GED.
Or share your interest in the volunteer application and we’ll work together to find opportunities!