The Alexandria Public School District is the connecting hub for the communities of Alexandria, Carlos, Forada, Garfield, Miltona, Nelson and surrounding townships.
With 9 exceptional schools serving nearly 4,000 students, our district offers a seamless system from preschool to grade 12. Our district is committed to comprehensive academic programs that foster personal growth in all students.
Alexandria Public Schools welcomes candidates who are passionate about serving children and families in their K-12 academic journey.
Our employees are committed to their roles in the district, each of which contributes to the success of our students. Embracing Excellence begins with the people we hire.
- Work while your kids are in school
- Enjoy your holidays and summers off
- Competitive wages
- Built in retirement with public employer pension plans
- Meet new friends and have fun!
All regular full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and disability insurance, along with holiday pay and paid time off. Supplemental benefit offerings also include vision insurance, short term disability, critical illness and accident insurance, as well as pre-paid legal services, and pet insurance.
Alexandria is located in the heart of Minnesota’s “lake country.” It is considered a regional center noted for its robust tourism, strong manufacturing sector, outstanding health care, vibrant retail, and excellent educational systems.
Community features include:
- Solid business/educational partnerships
- Diverse and healthy economic sectors
- Exceptional year-round recreational activities
- Long-standing parental and community support of the school district
- Easy access to four major metropolitan areas
- Named Best Minnesota Town of 2019 by Minnesota Monthly
Substitutes are needed for all areas, including secretaries/office staff, paraprofessionals, custodians and more.
Recent graduates, retirees, stay-at-home parents and individuals working part-time are excellent candidates for substitute positions.
Individuals can choose specific substitute positions as well as when they want to substitute.
In order to substitute, you must complete an online job application, hold a high school diploma and pass a criminal background check.
Why consider Being a Substitute Teacher?
It gives you the opportunity to work with children of various ages, a flexible schedule, and make a positive difference in the lives of our youth!
- Hours and schedules for substitutes are flexible
- Substitutes for all grades are needed
- Substitute teachers earn $150.00 per day + increase after working 15 daily sub jobs in current school year
- Retired Alexandria Public School teachers earn $160.00 per day
- Earn more for long-term sub positions
A Minnesota teaching license and criminal background check are required.