Alexandria Public Schools Mobile App
The Alexandria Public Schools App connects parents, students, staff, and community members to our most sought-after information in a convenient format - your mobile device. The app is free and available for immediate download on iPhone and Android devices.
The mobile app features:
- district and school news
- calendar information
- school directories and contact information
- sports schedules
- online payment system
- password-protected access for parents to student grades, attendance, bus transportation information, library book check-out information
- push notifications for instant alerts from school
- school menus and school supply lists
- app feedback
- and more
Customized settings allow users to select schools they wish to follow for notifications, calendars and news.
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Search "Alexandria Public Schools"
- Select "FREE" and then "INSTALL"
- Type in your Apple or Google account password
- Select "OPEN" after it is installed
- Start using your new Alexandria Public Schools mobile app!
How to Customize your News Feed
- Select the News Stream icon
- Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner (looks like an image of a gear)
- Select which schools you wish to follow
- Choose which types of news you want to follow
- Select "Back"
- Now your customized selection will appear in your News Stream section
Set up Notifications
- Open the App and select "Notifications"
- Tap to configure
- Tap "Follow schools"
- Select the schools you want to receive notifications from by tapping on the school to put a checkmark in the circle
- Select the Back arrow
- Tap "Configure alerts" (parents only)
- Slide the button to the right to turn on alert preferences and set alert thresholds
If you are a parent with children enrolled in Alexandria Public Schools you have password-protected access to your student/s grades and information:
- Log in through the MyFamily Login icon with your ParentVUE UserID and initial password of Cardinals!
- If you need assistance, email the district tech support team
Watch this brief video for more information about app features
We welcome feedback through the App Feedback icon within the app as we continue to refine the user experience.